Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bus Hell to Wynyard

I used to catch the bus from Balgowlah to wynyard many years ago and I'm pretty sure that this problem didn't exist then. I just got on a bus after my Physio appointment in North Sydney (TAKE THE TRAIN!) and spent the last 35 minutes getting to Wynyard. It's completely choked at the bridge coming into Wynyard. Sitting there on the bus for 25-30 minutes on the bridge alone.

Are there more buses now? More people = more buses?
There's lots more services now, those M30 services etc, was that the straw on the Camels back?

It's gotta be fixed.

Well, I fixed it by moving. I'm moving to Manly on Monday, looking forward to catching the fast ferry. Will there be peak hour troubles then? Hopefully not. What happens when it's hectic weather? I guess I'll find out.

2 comments:

Oliver said...

Too many people and an insistence on driving everywhere. Not enough importance placed on building up good public transport infrastructure and fostering a bicycle-friendly culture. You've been to Europe so you know what it could be like...

I'm not keen on returning to Sydney and seeing what it is like now.

hoppyjenny said...

Funny u shdl mention that, they're currently building dedicated cycles paths through the city lanes going both ways like Europe, maybe they're onto it after all. Still a long way to go compared to somewhere like holland, but then I guess the population is slightly different :)