Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Living the dream - BASE in Brento

This morning I did BASE jump #11 off Mount Brento in Italy. It will be the last jump this trip. We trekked in the dark, and avoided all those bears, haha I don't think there's any bears but the last sunrise jump I did off Brento i was freaked out because someone mentioned there were bears, I blame Kim.

The jump this morning was quite consolidating for me as I had an excellent track, still pulled a bit high, but hey, I can get away with that being a student. This morning was the first time I've been last off an exit point, wow is it quiet. Carlos jumped his wingsuit, then Will left, and well, gosh I felt like I was the only person on the top of the mountain. I actually did a 3, 2, 1 but didn't go... first time.

I took this photo within seconds of exiting. I think there's a lot to show in someones face at this point, I'm really enjoying BASE. Scary, but absolutely breathtaking.

2 comments:

john cusack said...

Nice photo.Just before dawn, cool air on your face, last up at the top, the hill to yourself and now that step, that parting with the past.

hoppyjenny said...

So nicely said. It was definitely cool fresh air that morning, I miss it already.